Re: [IRCA] [mwdx] DXing the Western US [ Grandpa, DON'T Tell Me About the Good Ole Days ]

I still occasionally do SR/SS DX although not often live. Planning is key
for this. I still use GeoClock as a part of it. Figuring out which targets
have a favorable pattern, good power, antenna height and then coupling that
with when interfering stations may change power or pattern.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (2) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip