Re: [IRCA] IBOC Hash AM vs FM OT question

They're good, but not at that price, even modified as noted.  I bought one
early on, and returned it within a week on account of the heat - I couldn't
have operated it on anything short of masonry safely. But I also found that
here, within 7-10 miles of my IOBOC locals, I did indeed continue to hear
the hash, and could not get receptions on those first adjacents any better
with the XDR than I could with my analog tuners. At this location, a Tecsun
PL-310 does as well as the XDR did.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (2) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip