From: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; am <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Apr 18, 2015 9:44 am
Subject: [NRC-AM] 1510 UNID's

Finally got the spacing worked out on my Wellbrooke ALA-1530 and the
Clinton
Labs active whip to allow for deeper nulls. Using Garry's
awesome Quantum
Phaser, I'm able to get a nice deep null on one of my
biggest "pest stations"
WLAC, 1510 in Nashville, TN.

At 204 miles, WLAC's 50Kw signal has been nearly
impossible to null
despite my best efforts over the years. Last night, after
nulling the
signal around 3AM, I was able to hear weak signals from two
stations on
the frequency:

A station playing classic country music
format.
A Spanish language station.

Unfortunately, shortly after achieving
the null, a neighbor filliped
something on that filled the entire AM band with
S9 + 20db static. It
persisted for over 15 minutes, so I gave up and went to
bed.

Hoping tonight's TOH recordings may reveal some ID's under WLAC.

WSM
650 KHz "The Legend" is also virtually un-nullable. Last night, I
could hear a
weak Spanish station under it's signal, but nothing more.

Excited to finally
be able to achieve some deep nulls on these stations.
Looking forward to
playing with the setup more if work ever lets up.

--
73,

Les
Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX
Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Elad SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro,
Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering
Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa
Loop, Palstar MW
Pre-Selector