[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, March 20, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page32

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

I got so much Mexican DX on March 20 that here is that roundup without further delay. Even with auroral conditions, it`s still very tough to get anything beyond Mexico.

** CUBA. 680, March 20 at 0420, I decide to try to hear a R. Rebelde here next to main frequency 670. I think I do have a very weak // to it and/or 5025, but uplooked later, WRTH shows no Cuban on 680. Rebelde website http://www.radiorebelde.cu is no help with no frequency list, and even searching on 670, let alone 680, goes nowhere.

Terry Krueger however linx to this listing
http://www.radiocubana.cu/index.php/directorio-de-radio-emisoras-cubanas
but it`s woefully incomplete, doesn`t show very many frequencies.

Terry`s own historical roster by frequency,
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxmbG9yaWRhZHhufGd4OjU0MzRiMDQwYzUxNWJjYTI
shows there used to be three Radio Progresos on 680, and in 2001-2007y one R. Rebelde on 680 in Ciego de Ávila.
Mauricio Molano`s article from 2011y lists nothing on 680:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxmbG9yaWRhZHhufGd4OjdmMmJhYmI4Y2ViMTBhYmQ
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 890, March 20 at 0427, once I have nulled KVOZ in the RGV, nothing from aurorally-blocked WLS, but instead R. Progreso mentioning radioprogreso.cu and onda corta 4765 (which would have signed off at 0400, but unchecked tonight); nothing much on 900 from further Progreso outlet as often audible. 890 is Chambas, Ciego de Ávila (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, March 20 at 0445, Spanish is totally dominant, maybe a trace of WSM if I null it. Auroral conditions are still blocking many but not all of the USA big`uns. Loops NE/SW so suspect usual XETNT, Los Mochis, Sinaloa. Información segment is historical about Topolobampo (right near Los Mochis) and Don Miguel Ángel Carillo, interviewing YL on phone for a few minutes; 0449 timecheck for ``11 para las 10``, i.e. UT -7, and ``sigue con nosotros, Guardián de la Noche`` (program title?) 0450 PSA for Tribunal Estatal Electoral, de Sinaloa (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, March 20 at 0421, Spanish from NE/SW with ad for Pancho el mecánico; ``arriba Sinaloa --- la radio que nunca`` slogan, maybe a word missing there, 0422 into polca with thumping tuba in the lead. Surely no other state would promote Sinaloa, so this is XEORO, la Mera Jefe in Guasave, 1000/500 watts per IRCA. Then I null it and try for Cuba, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 740-, March 20 at 0423, overcoming KRMG, easily nulled, with that awful lo audible heterodyne, YLs conversing on phone in Spanish; already IDed as from XEQN in Torreón, Coahuila (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, March 20 at 0451, seldom-heard ``Guadalajara`` song looping slightly clockwise from N/S, dominant with a JBA trace of WJR if I null it. There is a tapatía station on 760, XEZZ with 5/1 kW, R. Gallito, but as expected this is really from the DF, since followed at 0454 by ID as ABC Radio, 70/10 kW XEABC really in the adjacent EdoMex (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 780-, March 20 at 0455, Spanish talk, then music dominating, making that awful lo audible heterodyne ruining WBBM reception at night, even tho WBBM is now JBA if I null it. Also would beat against any other USA 780s such as Colorado (and Stillwater if on). The het here is of a slightly higher pitch than the one against 740 KRMG. It was tracked to XEWGR in this report from last year:

``779.93, XEWGR, Monclova, Coah., AUG 28, 1226 - Noted with talk by man announcer, occasional ads, CDT time checks; no ID heard. Fair at best and fading by 1300. Logged on this frequency a few times in 2009-2010, but last logged on exactly 780 in 2012. Semi-local 780 KCEG was off the air but are back on now (John Wilkins, Wheat Ridge CO; Drake R8, 4-foot box loop, NRC IDXD 5 Sept via DXLD)``

IRCA listed slogan is Exa FM, but there`s another 780 one in Celaya, Guanajuato (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, March 20 at 0430, string of PSAs: Encuentro Social; Instituto Electoral del Estado de Chihuahua, Tránsito trans-fronterizo from SCT; so it`s XEDT in Ciudad Cuauhtémoc. Separable from `W Radio` further east, i.e. XEW in the DF, no stronger despite 167 times the listed night power, tho almost twice as far (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1010, March 20 at 0414, romantic music in Spanish from SSW; 0416 ``Tu Recuerdo, 106.7``, phone numbers, promo for Radiorama publicidad, Que Buena, mentions serving La Laguna y el país; noticiero Radiorama promo, which is at 1 a 2 de la tarde en 106.7 y 101.1; 0418 ``Tu Recuerdo, siempre contigo, 106.7``. BTW, this is also on MW! via XEVK in Torreón, Coahuila, transmitter in adjacent Durango. Laguna refers to local landmark of an ex-lake dried up (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1040, March 20 at 0433, ``Estéreo Sensación, Chihuahua, Chihuahua, una señal Radiorama``, noticias about World Water Day; i.e. XEHES, 5000/250 watts, dominant with no WHO audible. Recheck at 0500, now WHO is back way on top. WWV says from 03 to 06 UT the K-index declined from 5 to 3 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1050, March 20 at 0548, I notice that XEG Monterrey runs political ads for El Partido Humanista, and then for El Partido Verde! Imagine such a diversity North of the border (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1060, March 20 at 0500, Mexican NA, LAH vs KIJN with Spanish praise music, presumed XERDO Reynosa, where it`s midnight already on the border. 0501 INE PSA, mentions Ciudad de México, 0502 another INE PSA, 0503 low-key introducing a bunch of songs with English titles, accompanied by the London Sifonietta. This is very much in the style of Radio Educación as heard on XEPPM 6185-, but that is NOT //!

XEEP must have replaced XERDO without notice, since it`s still an hour from midnight in the DF. First song is ``You Are My Love`` and sounds like Sinatra. Exhaustive XEEP playlist uplooked later
http://www.radioeducacion.edu.mx/jueves-19-de-marzo-de-2015
does show this for March 19:

``23:03:31 NAC-0176-Frank Sinatra. The Love Collection
13 You Are My Love
23 Fools Rush In
26 East Of The Sun``
So at this hour, anyway, SW is separate. 6185 currently stays on until 0600v*, but when DST finally arrives in April, will be 0500v* (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 1170, March 20 at 0411, KFAQ Tulsa is getting Spanish CCI, SAH of 127/minute, 2.12 Hz, presumably usual XERT Reynosa, Tamaulipas, the closest and the rightest angle in KFAQ null. However, a week ago at SRS the SAH between them was calculated as 80/minute = 1.333 Hz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1310, March 20 at 0407, YL song in Spanish, NNE/SSW, ``13-10, la frecuencia de la mujer de hoy, Mujer 13-10`` ID by OM, another upbeat YL song. IRCA shows it`s XEVB, 5 kW in Monterrey NL. Cantú adds a night power of 250 watts, both with entire station name the single word ``Mujer``. WRTH puts this all together.

At 0557 I happen to retune to 1310 and find the Mexican choral NA playing, stops at 0559* and nothing further heard, apparently closedown rather than a quick fadeout. May or may not be same station; IRCA shows XEVB as 24 hours, and of the 13 stations on 1310, the only one scheduled until 0600 is Mia, XEHY in Villa Corregidora, Querétaro.

So what exactly does a station branded as ``woman`` do? Play only female singers? Is it only OF women, or FOR women? Covertly or overtly Lesbian? What about men who like women? Or women who like men? I`m afraid the whole concept must be very sexist. Even in a country like México, it`s hard to imagine a station named ``Hombre``.

There are however a few more Mujeres, searching the entire Cantú listings: 1040 Guadalajara XEBBB; 1290 XENX Mazatlan +104.3 FM; 1340 XEOS Obregón + 105.7 FM (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---