Re: [IRCA] Saved Perseus Files

Steve,

I also use Mestor almost every night to capture TOH recordings. I use an
external hard drive (either a bare SATA drive in an eSATA/USB3 dock like
http://goo.gl/QAF2EV or a traditional USB3 external drive). I make a
subdirectory on the drive like "HomePerseus" then tell Mestor to use it
with SET E:\HomePerseus SHIFT to organize the files into folders by date
(the SHIFT parameter tells Mestor to put anything created after 2000 UTC in
the next day's folder to keep each night's recordings together). When the
drive fills up I can just disconnect it and connect a new drive. With 1 TB
bare SATA drives less that $50 now it's a pretty cost effective way to
archive recordings.

As for not being able to play files from the desktop, I just tried that and
it works ok on my computer, and I can 't come up with any explanation of
why it won't work for you. What error message do you get when you try to
access a file on the desktop? Maybe try changing your account to an
Administrator account and see if that helps?

Brett Saylor
State College, PA