[IRCA] AU last night

--- Begin Message ---
KAZ reported AU cx off and on last night.  I saw a similar  situation along
the FL east coast... total AU cx early, then very normal winter  cx later.
I don't have any detail on what was in, but the change was very  unusual.

Around 7:30 or 8:00 EST, no signs of a het on 1520.  660,  740, 750, 810,
1020 and all the Chicago clears were 100% SS.  More  dependable 650 and
usually strong 1100 were almost obliterated. More  impressively, 770, 880 and
1030 (typically stronger than might be  expected due to coastal enhancement?)
were buried.  Most impressive,  though, 700 and 1510, and even typically
strongest clears 1110 and  1530, were battling to get through at all.

A couple of hours later, all listed frequencies were back to normal.   Even
(coastal enhanced?) 1160 NJ, often weak but on top) was in well.   I was
hearing 1080, CT and 1090, AR with a het from 1089.

Brian Goodrich
Greensboro, NC  (now New Smyrna Beach, FL)

--- End Message ---