[IRCA] Two more news ones from TX at 8 pm

Great cx to TX continued at 8 pm CST here. On 1420 easily getting past WOC was KJDL from Lubbock with Z-98.5 ID's and contemporary Xmas mx. Hmm.. more translator abuse with the FM translator having a slogan and the AM // not even mentioned. Nice not to have KRLL in as they were an hour later and these cx went away.

1490 had a real shocker for me. Again Xmas mx (but so many play it this week). "FM 103.1 Vernon" then a local ad with appropriately accented EE ancr. WOW KVWC is 818 miles away! This with KTOP (often the dominant) way under.

These with my array steering what is a main beam slightly less than 70 deg wide at these freq at about 245 deg.

I was happy to note that using the south DKAZ that sunset skip is viable at 4 pm this time of year to the south and was surprised to have a couple east Texans in that early.

73 KAZ Barrington IL