Re: [IRCA] was Help with a couple UNIDs, now 680 Mexican

I can't be of much help from here on 680. There are many XE's on 680. http://www.mexicoradiotv.com/frec_am.htm   I've logged a couple over the years but now WSCR IBOC is back on and ruins 680. Anyhow, the XE's I log from here in IL are often different from the ones that come into CA.

I suggest taping it and listening carefully and if you're rather sure there's an ID but you can't understand it, some of us who's DX Spanish is decent may be able to.

Hermosillo streams here. http://www.larsavision.tv/radio/extasis680/ and the stream just had a very detailed hourly ID in SS. This station is playing US oldies and says in EE "The best oldies". Ads are in SS.

I'll bet you have something else. (Although I used to be able to phase KNBR down enough to get Hermosillo from near San Diego 25 years ago I recall).

XEORO streams here. http://megamediosguasave.org/2014/enviar_mensajes_al_aire/la_mera_jefa_la_que_manda.html  I see a ment. of 10 kW on the site, but that could be the // FM power. This stn plays Mexican mx.

Other possibilities could be XEFO or XELG. XELG has the most power and has made it here in AU cx. I've had XEFO here as well, a couple times years ago in cx favoring northern Mexico which is quite common on western antennas.

However, I think you have something closer to CA and that XEORO is a good bet. Maybe others in So. Cal. or AZ can help you. Sinaloa stns used to come into San Diego very well when I lived there 25 years ago. There are several Mexican stns on 680 that I don't recall from 25 years ago. Of course an issue getting 680 from San Diego may be getting past XEWW 690 QRM. Note also that many Mexicans don't lower power at night.

73 KAZ