Re: [IRCA] Some help with "large" loops?

To add to Russ' information: for the loops we use at LBI, I bought 18 gauge
twin conductor speaker wire at Lowes and split the pair into a single wire
- that's small enough to fit through the eyelet at the tip of the 16'
Cabela's fishing pole (which are these:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Classic-Crappie-Pole/738689.uts) and
it's not too expensive. I occasionally will have breakage issues with 18
gauge wire in high winds, however.

As Nick mentions, the Wellbrook FLG100 is a top-notch transformer/preamp -
we used one of those on our LBI Super Loop, plus another DX Engineering
RPA-1 preamp to boost the signal to 6-10 DXers' radios.

Brett Saylor
State College, PA

--
N3EVB-State College PA USA
Drake R8//Icom R75//Tentec RX320//Perseus SDR//Eton E1/E5/E10/E100