From: "Nick Hall-Patch" <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:04:43 PM
Subject: [IRCA] ÂTP 5 Nov Victoria version

Another mostly MIA morning, though with a little sunrise enhancement
to spice it up.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker,
at least briefly):

594 JOAK man in JJ 1456-7UT, mentions of Osaka Âand Tokyo along with
various JJ numbers; weather broadcast per schedule, but with musical
accompaniment? ÂKept up a fair signal to past 1500UT, after pips,
several mentions of America (election news?)
(http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/listen/JOAK_20141105_1457.wav)
NHK1 would be the way to learn Japanese, wonderful
enunciation. ÂIncidentally, there was hardly any signal here at the
time Gary recorded JOAK this morning.

Reasonable audio Âat Âtimes during the period (much of it
understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

774 JOUB EE lessons "obits are a favorite part of the newspaper" 1432UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or
noise could be understood by a native speaker:

828 JOBB CC lessons 1351UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be
guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in
talk or music)

612 4QR? woman talking, maybe EE? 1445UT
747 JOIB traces of EE lesson 1440UT //774
1116 4BC? man and woman talking, DU EE inflection 1355UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or
ravaged by splatter)

891 1323 1566

best wishes,

Nick