From: "R. Colin Newell" <coffeecanuck@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:05:24 AM
Subject: [IRCA] DXer.ca media release...

A media release to some of the other online resources that are out there:

After numerous attacks on my websites -- of unknown origin...
We don't know who or why... or when it would have stopped if
we had stuck it out, DXer.ca has been forced off of the air.

My host Islandnet.com was taking hit after hit, all of their other
3000 websites that they host taking the brunt of these attacks
(they are a small mom and pop operation with limited resources...)

They have politely and respectfully asked me to seek web hosting
elsewhere in the best interests of their other clients.

So. For now: DXer.ca is off the air (along with coffeecrew.com and my
blog and some experimental websites...) for the time being.

We may return to the air -- maybe in a few days...
maybe in a few weeks... not sure.

As you know, DXer.ca has served the radio community for a decade and
a half at least -- promoting the hobby and fostering good will.

In reality, DXer.ca was never under attack -- but as it was associated
with my cluster of websites, it was being victimized just the same.

I am shocked, saddened and grieving the sudden loss of something so
dear to me - to not be able to reach out to the radio community
as I have in the past... it is very hard to deal with.

I am dedicated to getting DXer.ca back "on the air" as soon as possible.

--
Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com - DXer.ca -
BobHarris.com |