Re: [IRCA] DXer.ca down after DDOS attacks...

Colin, the maggots that hack web sites and servers normally have no
personal interest in whom they are attacking.  They do it because they can,
the web server environment is not secure or is running insecure code from
the hosted sites.  There are things the host company can implement to limit
the success of DDoS attacks.  On the website code side, all user input must
be treated as it's coming from one of these clowns.  Input should be
scrubbed of any special characters, tags, and words that could disrupt the
operation of the site.  Only then should any user input be displayed on the
site or inserted into the database.