[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-8

Hello All,

Usually my Asian results are fairly similar to Dennis' report, but thereÂwere quite a few differences this morning. We both agree that the propagation was good, however, and besides the usual big guns some weak but interesting DX is coming out of the noise.

At my 1300 start time 738-BEL2 was already managing poor to fair audio in the KCBS splatter, with the usual female-voicedÂChinese news after the TOH. Its signal never amounted to much during the rest of the session, however.ÂA few minutes later in the total darknessÂ657-Pyongyang began to fade in with a weak Chinese co-channel, andÂalthough the North Korean was dominant at a fair level it was pestered by the Chinese co-channel throughout much of the session. 603-HLSA also faded in with its usual Chinese co-channelÂlater on around 1350, while both 1377-CNR1 and 1593-CNR1 managed fair signals in and out very late in sunrise enhancement after 1400.ÂUnlike Dennis I had only the Jammer on 1053, with nothing on 567, 576Âor 1566 (570-Seattle splatter usually wipes out the first two of those here). 1134-KBS was also vibrant here around 1350, with male-female conversation through the Vancouver splatter almost the same strength as 972-HLCA. The Japanese big guns were well represented with goodÂfemale-male conversationÂon 594-JOAK around 1333, fairÂnews on 693-JOAB after 1400 and fair audio from 747-JOIB in and out of the mystery noise and Portland splatter. Best Asian signal of the morning was from 972-HLCA, however, with excellent-level Korean female speech pegging the PL-380 S/NÂdisplay around 1348.

594Â JOAKÂÂ Tokyo, JapanÂÂ Good level Japanese female and male speech at 1333; best Japanese signal of the morning
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/j5okb5hj4nfczw1/594-JOAK-1333z100814PL380.MP3 Â

657Â Pyongyang BSÂÂ Pyongyang, N. KoreaÂÂ Fair level vocal music with weak Chinese co-channel at 1342 (headphones recommended)
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5he4yf154qhnv8f/657-Pyongyang-mix-1342z100814PL380.MP3 ÂÂ

972Â HLCAÂÂ Dangjin, S. KoreaÂÂ Excellent strength Korean YL conversation at 1348; pegging PL-380ÂS/N with best Asian signal of the morning
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/926zvsviv4fpx12/972-HLCA-1348z100814PL380.MP3 Â

1053Â Korean JammerÂÂ Fairly potent jam at 1353; no sign of Dennis' JOAR
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/mtavkb1ge8dkzb3/1053-Jammer-1353z100814PL380.MP3 Â

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick Tecsun PL-380 Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna