[IRCA] THE CASE FOR A 2015 JOINT IRCA-NRC CONVENTION

Greetings. If you're tired of this subject, hit 'delete.' If you want to help ensure the ongoing camaraderie within NRC and IRCA, read on.

We note that, following the Minneapolis joint convention in 2013, no one stepped forward to host a 2014 NRC show. At IRCA, John and Nancy Johnson fulfilled an earlier commitment to host the 50th in Billings; even though they had moved to Arizona.

Now there are holes in two club calendars for 2015. Some tentative interest has been communicated to our club convention coordinators.

It's apparent to folks who are tuned in to these matters that NRC and IRCA can successfully work together without political anguish. Every indicator in recent years is that joint efforts and cross-support works for the betterment of both clubs...while not impairing each club's individuality.

If you accept that premise, then you would agree that a joint 2015 convention makes a lot of sense. That's because, IN POOLING CLUB SUPPORT WE MAKE HOSTING A CONVENTION THAT MUCH EASIER!

So I would like to challenge readers of this note to put aside the idea that "it's just too much work" to host a convention. Active members of both clubs have already pledged their support, input, contributions, physical labor and organizational skills to a joint conclave of TWO CLUBS WHICH SHARE A COMMON HOBBY. My gosh...right now, if you announced an interest in hosting a joint show, you'd quickly receive offers of support. We're also talking about a joint 'task force' that could be of deep support in such an endeavor, handling scheduling, promotion/publicity, coordination and execution. All we really lack is a confirmed location and an agreeable date.

The many previous hosts of the separate NRC and IRCA conventions did a great job, but lately, interest in hosting seems to be diminishing. We learned from our 2013 Minneapolis experience that doing a JOINT convention of the clubs was easier than a single-club event, since we had so much talent and support to draw from!

SO, Mister or Ms. club-member: Now's the time to step forward to indicate an interest, so that you can judge for yourself whether it's something you want to do. The bottom line is that with an early convention/city selection, we can all look forward to getting together next year.

Mike Sanburn and Ernie Wesolowski are great resources, possessing the knowledge of previous conventions and the specific requirements. I'd be very happy to discuss with you, off-line if you wish, what's involved in doing this...and I can relate how much satisfaction we got from the Minneapolis joint convention and its energy.

Cheers!

Mark Durenberger