[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 26-October 2, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page26

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic carrier search, Sept 29 at 0517-0520: JBA carriers on 549, 621, 684, 711, 747, 774, 882 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search, Sept 28 at 1149-1153: JBA carriers on 774, 594, 693, 1053, not checked higher; likely Japan & Korea. Our sunrise today: 1224 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 540, Sept 27 at 0535-0537, three full IDs within two minutes from ``XETX y XHTX, ¡¡La Ranchera de Paquimé!!``, Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua. Listed by IRCA as 5/1 kW, dominant signal altho when nulled, pop music is probably XEWA SLP, allegedly 150 kW ND. IRCA Mexican Log also shows XETX closing at 0400, but not so. Such frequent canned IDs are great for DXers but must be rather tiresome for local listeners (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 740, Sept 30 at 0141 UT, with KRMG Tulsa nulled, I hear some Spanish, and a LAH rumble from an off-frequency station, not necessarily from the same one. Tnx to KTRH Houston, not much of a factor here, most of the 740 Mexicans are in the periphery, except for XEQN Torreón, Coahuila (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Sept 28 at 1158, Mexican music, presumably not XETAR which is a daytimer starting at 1200. This one loops further south; remnant WWL easily nulled. 1200 SEP federal PSA, then PSAs for the state of Zacatecas! 1203 AM & FM ID for 89.1 and 870, Radio [two syllables]. No 870 Zacs in WRTH 2014 or IRCA 2013, but Cantú shows a newish entry still lacking any power info:
870 XEXM Radio Jerez + FM 89.1 Zacatecas, Zac. (Desde Jerez)
IRCA cross-reference shows this call was previously on 1150. WRTH agrees it was 5/1 kW there, so 870 is presumably an upgrade; and full name of place is Jerez de García Salinas. It would have been the very last entry as ZC08 but the state-by-state station info ends with ZC07!

Via Cantú the closest thing to a website is FB for the Zer Group,
https://www.facebook.com/GrupoRadiofonicoZer
but in which I find only a passing reference to Zacatecas in Sept 2013. Apparently the group has been growing, adding new outlets, mostly FM, over the past year. Header mentions these states only: Aguascalientes, Zacatecas. México DF, Jalisco, Colima, Sonora. In the DF, Zer has the 1650 X-bander which still eludes me.

By 1203 a SAH is showing, and by 1209 XETAR is taking over 870 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1741, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 920, Sept 28 at 1205, choral Mexican anthem, heavy QRM but roughly from SSW, 1207 full ID but unreadable. Two from Coahuila and one from Chihuahua most likely (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 980, Sept 28 at 1212, kids choral Mexican anthem at odd hour, maybe overslept, loops WSW, 1213 instead of full ID, right into ``Buenos días`` by live announcer, but no details, into music. Chihuahua or maybe Sonora likely. At 1217, not necessarily same station, 5-letter call which would only be XEDCH in Delicias, Chihuahua; and another call tentatively XENR which is Melchor Múzquiz, Coahuila (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1090, Sept 30 at 0133 UT, Spanish talk with caller, IBOC QRM from KRLD, 1093, reduced by tuning to 1088; get a pretty good DF on it as about the same direxion as KRLD, and also with KAAY nulled. 0134 mentions ``Palacio de Bellas Artes`` along with music with a beat. I am hoping that will lead to Cuba or México but it leads to both. Best DF fit would be XEFC Mérida, Yucatán. The only Cuban listed, 1 kW in Las Tunas, seems unlikely (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1190, Sept 30 at 0132 UT, amid heavy QRM, something in Spanish which loops roughly NE/SW. Not aware of any SS US stations nearby, so could be Monterrey or Juárez, supposedly 100 watts at night, or XEWK Guadalajara, 10 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---