[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 4-4

Hello All,

Our family will be leaving for an Oregon coast vacation tomorrow-- and after experiencing another dreary performance by lackluster Asians this morning, it seems like the perfect time to "leave the sinking ship behind."

The only vibrant Asian audio was from the Korean big guns on 972 and 1566, with both of them reaching a very brief good level around 1250 (well before sunrise). After 1300 both the low and high band sounded equally mediocre, with only brief gasps of poor audio from 594-JOAK, 738-BEL2, 1566-HLAZ and 1575-VOA in and out of the noise. These signals sounded pretty pathetic as it was, but "sunrise enhancement" around 1315 managed to finish them off completely. Even their carriers were long gone by 1330.

We plan to be in Cannon Beach from the 9th (Wednesday) to the 11th (Friday), and the plan is to hit the "Rockwork 4" ocean cliff in search of DU's with the usual modified Ultralights and a new 12" FSL antenna (design photo posted at http://www.mediafire.com/view/m4vpd78b91nowxb/12-inchDXFSL-004.jpg  Apparently the Perseus-SDR DXers have also been drawn by the lure of this 400 foot sheer cliff, and a couple of them (Chuck and Guy) plan a similar DXpedition right before me. Hopefully the South Pacific DX will show up at vibrant levels for all of us.

As for the "sinking ship" of Asian TP-DX at inland locations in April, I certainly wish Bruce, Nick, Dennis and Nigel the best of luck.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
C.Crane SWP 7.5" Slider loopstick Ultralight +
15" DXpedition FSL antenna