<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

 This got bounced from the IRCA list
 yesterday due to length, though it
 appeared on the NRC list. So I removed the rest of the
 thread.

 So if there is significant overlap, according to Russ'
 estimation, it can't
 be that either club is TOO intolerable to the other.

 When it comes to mergers that I know about - churches - I've
 learned a few
 things:

<snip>

 I suspect that if
 clubs stop functioning there will be at least a loose
 e-network of DXers,
 but how that is organized remains to be seen:  a single
 individual who
 comes forward to maintain an e-list? or web site?  A
 cluster of people
 willing to do the same?   People finding a
 medium wave message board
 created in Yahoo Groups or the like?  DXer friends
 maintaining their own
 contact lists?  Or we become the "medium wave" tab on
 the web site of a
 more general all-band group (that may also be in
 decline).  If print
 operations are discarded, then the financial dimensions of
 our operations
 are likely to be significantly reduced.  You usually
 need a board of
 directors when money is involved, but do we need a board
 when there's a lot
 less money?*

 those of the original contributors and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing
 staff, or officers