Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Daytime DX

Best daytime DX from my new QTH in Ireland:

Daytime (10AM-2PM local) winter sky wave in terms of power:
702-NDR Info-Flensburg, Germany-5,000 watts at 754 miles
936-Gold-Naish Hill, England-180 watts at 296 miles.

Daytime (10AM-2PM local) winter sky wave in terms of distance:
639-CRo-Prague, Czech Republic-750 KW at 1022 miles
684-RNE Nacional- Sevilla, Spain-300 KW at 1063 miles

In terms of summer ground wave, 585 RNE Nacional- Madrid, Spain, with 600 KW is in around the clock all year.

The high band stations from Germany (1422), Luxembourg (1440), and France (1377, 1404) are in day time year round.

On long wave, 171 Morocco with 320 KW in my direction from their 2,000 KW directional antenna at 1,236 miles is in all year and around the clock, and alone now that Russia has closed down. It is weak and just above the noise. Poland 225, and the soon to be closed down Czech Republic on 270 have very good daytime signals here at 1,100 + miles.

I am inland. Not on the coast. Down by the sea, in Cork, Algeria 155 is on top of Germany on a consumer long wave portable (Sony SW-11) with no external antenna at noon.

I love day time ground wave DX, and am still checking at the top of the hour to ID some of the stations in the pile-ups on crowded channels like 1548.

Cheers, and 73's to all
Brock Whaley
County Limerick
Ireland