<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

 Don,

 I was advised that if you lowered the sampling rate to 950,
 the Perseus
 could record 1750 KHz worth of bandwidth (the entire AM
 band). Have you
 tried that? I assume quality might suffer a bit, but that
 might be
 offset by the ability to record the entire band.

 Les Rayburn, Director
 High Noon Film
 130 1st Avenue West
 Alabaster, AL 35007-8536
 (205) 621-7500
 (205) 621-7505 FAX
 (205) 253-4867 CELL
 http://www.highnoonfilm.com

 This e-mail contains information that may be confidential or
 privileged
 and is intended only for the person(s) named above.
 Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
 prohibited. If
 you have received this e-mail in error, please
 notify the sender immediately and return the original
 transmission to
 the above address by mail without making a copy.

 On 2/25/2014 1:02 PM, Don Moman VE6JY wrote:
 > There is a volume tab in the SDR Console next to the
 speaker icon in the
 > VFO pane. Even tho it says 75 the actual level may be
 anything - it is just
 > an icon.
 >
 > Using the native Perseus software recording is 1600 khz
 maximum - it
 > records what you have the screen width set to.
 >
 > 73 Don
 > VE6JY
 >

 > On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 >> Got the new Perseus SDR hooked up and running last
 night using SDRV4.1
 >> downloaded from the Perseus web site. No problems
 at all with the initial
 >> installation on Windows 7 Pro. Had it working
 within moments.

 >> One issue I did notice was that when I used the
 Perseus with the
 >> SDR-Console software, the AF output volume was much
 lower compared to the
 >> native Perseus software. No idea why this would be,
 and couldn't find a
 >> place to adjust the level inside the SDR-Console
 software. Can someone
 >> offer assistance?
 >>
 >> RF levels appeared to be the same for both
 software.

 >> So far, I love the Perseus! One other question--how
 much bandwidth can the
 >> Perseus record in I/O mode? I've seen some sites
 that say it's limited to
 >> 800 KHz, others say 1600 KHz, and others 2 MHz. My
 understanding is that it
 >> would cover the entire AM band, which would be 1710
 KHz (1.7 MHz)

 >> --
 >> 73,
 >>

 >> Les Rayburn, N1LF
 >> Maylene, AL
 >> EM63
 >>
 >> Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
 >> Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA
 >>
 >> SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF
 Engineering Active Whips,
 >> Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector

 are those of the
 >> original contributors and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinion of the