[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 2-23

Hello All,

It was great to see Bruce and Nick (of the northern TP-DXing "planet") yesterday at Bruce's get together, along with Chuck, Guy, Tom and our visiting east coast celebrity, Bill. We had a great time discussing anything and everything that was DX-related.. including some upcoming visits to certain Oregon coast cliffs, Perseus SDR recording programs, and my own show-and-tell display (the new 12" experimental FSL, with monster 660/38 Litz wire and a dual-coil system designed to boost high band sensitivity).

This morning's TP-DXing session didn't feature very many energetic Asians, although sunrise enhancement from 1430-1450 did briefly raise up the signals from 594-JOAK (very good during peaks) and 693-JOAB (good signals in and out) to decent levels. The low band didn't have much more action this morning, with only poor to fair signals from 558-HLQH, its // 603-HLSA, 657-Pyongyang and a presumed 738-BEL2 in and out during peak propagation around 1445. 972-HLCA had good signals at the 1420 start of the session but tended to slide downward from there. The high band had appearances from the usual collection of big gun performers (1377-CNR1, 1503-JOUK, 1566-HLAZ, 1575-VOA and 1593-CNR1), although none of them was particularly vibrant this morning. 1575-VOA was probably the steadiest of this anemic bunch with fair to good signals in and out around 1445. Overall it was a pretty mediocre morning, but probably typical for late February propagation during a lean solar year.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
C.Crane SWP 7.5" Slider loopstick Ultralight +
12" Medium Wave FSL antenna