 From: Rick Dau <drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Niel Wolfish <niel@xxxxxxxx>; "am@xxxxxxxxxxx" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Frank Merrill <fmerrilljr@xxxxxxxxx>; Doug Beard <kf0vf@xxxxxxxxx>; Todd Brandenburg <k0kan.todd@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WKAL-1450 DX test

Not heard here at the 0100 ELT test, but was heard twice during the evening, at 2302 ELT and 0001 ELT.  Both receptions were faint, as you might imagine, but the 2302 was the slightly stronger of the two.  Thank goodness for Morse Code, because it's the ONLY way I would have ever heard WKAL.  Easily my best catch on MW from any QTH since getting the March 6, 1995 DX test of WKBR-1250 in New Hampshire while I was living in Iowa City.  THANK YOU, BOB CARTER!  :)

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska
Kenwood R-5000 + Quantum QX Pro loop