Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] ] unID K-calls on GYers.

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] ] unID K-calls on GYers.

What sounded like KMSO on 1230 Steve hears "The King himself" - which makes sense given that this is followed by "Elvis Presley". We both hear an ID for "AM 1230" and he hears Toledo while I hear WCWA in there. It sounds to me like the same voice, but WCWA in Toledo should be sports. If the Elvis isn't a format change or something WCWA runs on occasion - that is if it's separate from WCWA - then I see now way to solve this one. So I consider this 1230 case-closed.

On the 1450, Steve says the calls heard do not sound like KFIZ, more like the KKAZ I mentioned. But nothing listed. I considered KATE (MN), which bears some very weak resemblance in sound, but the calls do not sound at all like that. I'll keep this one active for a while, maybe revisit it with fresh ears later on.

With thanks to Steve and all who listened.

Saul

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON

I came back after an hour and listened to it anew - what I thought was "KMSO" now sounds like "The King himself" followed by "Elvis Presley".

Steve Francis

Alcoa, Tennessee

I hear an "AM 1230 in Toledo" at 0:24, Saul.  I agree the first call mention
sounds like KMSO.  The 1450 call does not sound like KFIZ, more like the KKAZ
you mentioned.

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee

From: Chernos Saul
Subject: unID K-calls on GYers.

Two possible K-call loggings on graveyard channels, and I'm wondering if anyone
hears anything I don't:

1230 sounds like KMSO at 0:11 of the clip, followed by mention of Elvis Presley.

AM 1230 and possible WCWA calls appear at 0:24 of same clip, sound like same
voice. Not sure if really saying WCWA, but there is WCWA Toledo on 1230. Then
says My name is... and mentions 8 oclock in a promo of some kind. WCWA is a
sports station, not an oldies one, which puzzles me, though it comes in from
time to time.

1450 mentions right at the start of the clip what sounds like KKAZ. Does this
sound to anyone like KFIZ (Fond du Lac WI)? That one comes in from time to time.

Clips online at:

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?8580

Any leads on these two are appreciated, with thanks!

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON