[IRCA] TP DX for Tuesday 11-26

I decided to listen for TPs this morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I didn't pick the best possible day. There's a new noise source that wasn't there last time I tried, but judging from Nick and Dennis' reports, propagation was the main culprit.

The bottom of the band was pathetic, with just a few carriers on frequencies like 747 774 and 972. However, there was some interesting reception to be had above 1400 kHz after 1400 UTC. HLAZ was rolling in quite nicely, and a few others were producing varying amounts of audio. I had carriers, but no audio, on several intriguing channels: 1395 1404 1431 1476 1512 1521 1539 1548 1584 and 1602.

Good - completely understandable by a native speaker
1566     HLAZ, woman in CC quite good 1438

Fair - partially understandable by a native speaker
1575    VOA, English ID 1430, then pgm in SEA language
1593 CNR1, CC talk fighting and clawing its way through the KLFE-1590 splatter 1426

Poor - unintelligible mumbling
1422    A few syllables here and there 1429-1432, JJ-like inflections
1557 TAIWAN?, female pop song, then man in CC 1417-1420, fair on peaks but mostly buried in splatter

Bruce in Seattle
Winradio Excalibur
K9AY antenna