[IRCA] LBI-12

The 12th annual LBI DXpedition is now history. Although I am still on site finishing up, the others have headed home.
Conditions were fair at best, and the noise levels were higher than normal. We determined that the overhead power lines,
where they are close to the beach, are radiating some serious buzz that was not here in March, therefore this isn't a
direct result of Sandy, although perhaps indirect.

Moving the two primary antennas, the 16x32 flag and the 6' Broadband loop farther down the beach for Saturday night
reduced it some, it was still troublesome to the point that we may have to consider another venue, hopefully on the
island if this isn't repaired by next summer.

Nonetheless, a good time was had by all. Attendees included myself, Brett Saylor, Mike Hunter, Kris Field, Ralph
Brandi, Mark Clark, Bill Nollman, & BobGalerstein.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>