[IRCA] Another 30 days of memories

October 29 2013

Hi

The amazing thing about time, is that as each month goes past, that's
another 30 days of radio memories, stories and heritage to add to the
pile which now stretches back almost 100 years.

You'll find bits and pieces of radio history everywhere. Facebook
these days is where we see a lot of photos and audio recordings flash
by for a few hours before they disappear under a deluge of stuff,
tantalizing but soon gone.

The Radio Heritage Foundation tries to bring stuff together in one
place at www.radioheritage.net and we have boxes of stuff to be
sorted, scanned and shared and it still keeps coming in as people
choose to keep things safe rather than just throw them in the trash.

Our storage space is jam packed these days!

But our biggest challenge is always finding the basic money we need
to just cover the operational costs. We'd like to tell more people
about what we do and get a good scanner so we can illustrate new
features but we must first cover the weekly expenses.

Each month we have to find $1,800 and donations average about $1,100
so it's a big challenge to try and even maintain funding and also
catch up on the $5,150 arrears that has built up since April 1 2013.

We're completely funded by donations from supporters. In New Zealand
donations are tax deductible. As October ends, we're $5,150 behind.
We need your help.

Every 30 days we have more radio stories and stuff to keep safe, and
another $1,800 to find to let us do the job. We've just taken on the
big task of saving a radio station guide to Canada and the USA that
was closing down so people can easily find hundreds of radio
stations, and so we can start linking the memorabilia we have from
many of these stations. Your donation today can help make this
possible sooner rather than later.

The simple fact is we need to start clearing the $5,150 we're in
arrears and if you can help us today, you'll be helping keep the
radio memories and stories safe in a very practical way.

How?

Just use the Paypal link below the KULA hula girl at
www.radioheritage.net for either a one-off donation or become a
sustaining supporter with more frequent donations if it's easier and
more convenient.

Thanks for your continued interest in and support of this project.

Radio Heritage Foundation
Global Radio Memories Project
www.radioheritage.net
Email code PW7 to be removed from this mailing list and please allow
15 working days for a volunteer to find and remove your address from
the mailing list. You may receive further messages in the meantime.