From: Mark Durenberger <Mark4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "DX @NRC" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; DX-IRCA <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; MNDXC <MDXC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:26 PM
Subject: [IRCA] AT&T AND THE RADIO NETWORKS

After several years of work the E-book: "CONNECTING THE CONTINENT: AT&T AND
THE RADIO NETWORKS" is now available for free download.

We chronicle AT&T's early history, the emergence of "Wired Radio" and the
company's pioneering in commercial broadcasting.  There's detail on how the
radio networks were built out and operated; the story enriched with audio,
video and photos.

We follow AT&T Long Lines as they developed the technologies for
network-broadcast transmission through the 1940s---from early voice to RF
Carrier.

The e-book should be of interest if you ever dealt with 'the phone company'
in your broadcast work.

...It should also be a good read for the Hopelessly Curious.

Regards,

Mark Durenberger