From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Aug 17, 2013 1:23 pm
Subject: [IRCA] TP 17 Aug; Victoria version

Asiatic early, more DU later, though not tons of signals....wait
until we hear from Gary.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker,
at least briefly):

279 R. Rossii, best at about 1204UT w/man in RR; couldn't capture any
other LW Russians this morning

Reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it
understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

756 R.NZ National  man in DU EE talking about sound recording at
1252UT, IDd a moment earlier when //567 established w/woman talking
774 JOIB man in JJ 1227UT and 1248UT
1566 HLAZ although there was audio traces at 1212UT, man sounding EE
, and a deeper voiced man not sounding EE (but couldn't say what),
the JJ program was stronger, best around 1240UT w/man in JJ

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or
noise could be understood by a native speaker:

612 4QR man in DU EE 1254UT
747 JOIB man in JJ 1249UT //774
828 man in DU EE 1232UT, sports results? various numbers mentioned

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be
guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in
talk or music) :

567 R. NZ National woman talking //756 1251UT, and on and off through 1300UT
603 unID, r&b sounding vocal mx
891 man talking DU EE inflection 1231UT and various other times
1053 KK jammer 1226UT, 1240UT
1548 4QD woman talking , then man, //612, but delayed by about a second, 1255UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or
ravaged by splatter):

738 819 972 1008 1035 1287 1503 1629

best wishes,

Nick