Re: [IRCA] Updated frequency offset for 1017 Tonga?

Re: [IRCA] Updated frequency offset for 1017 Tonga?

Hi Bruce,  I've been using KSL 1160 as a calibration target for Jaguar for
some time, based on the recommendation of one of the Finnish DXers. I
forget who told me this (probably Mauno or Ilpo), but they said it's
preferred over KOMO.

After calibration on KSL, the Seattle station KOMO is measuring as
999.9993, and Tonga is showing as 1017.0083 (both from my Thursday morning
DXpedition recordings).

Jaguar's latest automatic calibration tool is supposed to be highly
accurate (1/2 Hertz accuracy), so with all three of us referencing the .008
offset, I'm sure Tim was hearing Tonga. I did see that Tonga's signal
wanders a bit over the span of a few minutes, from .0073 to .0083.

Another peak right on 1017.0000 was noted by Jaguar as the NHK Tokyo
station JOLB (based on a number of factors such as known offset freq.,
distance, antenna bearing & beamwidth, transmitter power, etc.).

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA