Re: [IRCA] TP's for Thursday, May 23, 2013: Masset version

Re: [IRCA] TP's for Thursday, May 23, 2013: Masset version

I happened to get up early at my DX cottage in Masset (northern BC) and
initially found things to be quite dead, but at dawn and post-dawn, there
was a very welcome enhancement involving the upper band, and especially the
X-band.  Propagation was all DU.  There was audio on many channels,
although none were terribly strong.  Still, it was nice to hear.  This
extended to the tropical SW bands, with Radio Symban being just imaginary
at 12:15, was quite listenable at 14:00, just below 2368 kHz.  I was using
my ALA 100 antenna aimed 270 deg, and my Perseus SDR.  73,....Walt
Salmaniw, Victoria, BC