Re: [IRCA] Unidentified Station in French on 1410 khz

CJWI was pounding in here the last two nights when I checked, and we are southwest, not north. Overrides WPOP. Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Unidentified Station in French on 1410 khz

On Tuesday 05 March 2013 19:50:54 Russ Edmunds wrote:
For the record, there's no sign of CJWI here as of 1930. Sportstalk there,
 although I didn't stick around to check who.

I'm hearing them (at just past 2000), but they're getting badly beaten up by
other stations.  I heard them well this morning at 0700, running music and
announcements about testing on 1410, with a phone number for reporting
reception problems.

If the pattern in the FCC database (as viewed on fccinfo.com) is accurate,
they will be a fairly tough catch south of the border, as they throw nearly
all of their power due north.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON