[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 25 Jan 2012

An odd sort of morning. Started listening a bit earlier than normal (just prior to 1400), and was excited to see a strong carrier on 1215 when I turned the radio on (having left it there last night in a vain hunt for more than a feeble TA carrier). Things seemed quite lively over much of the band. Unfortunately things only went downhill from there, and by 1500 (local sunrise is 1503) the only audio left was very feeble, on 747 and 774. Audio I noted:

567 - weak audio, with talk by a woman at 1456, presumably JOIK from Japan
594 - Japan, JOAK, fair signal, poking over the IBOC with man in Japanese at 1429.
693 Japan, JOAB,good signal with English lesson at 1427, //774 etc.
747 Japan,  JOIB, fair to good at 1422 with Englsh lesson.
774 Japan, JOUB, fair to good signal at 1422 with English lesson
828 Japan, JOBB, fair to good at 1423 with English lesson
945  uniD, with vocal by a woman a 1423.
972 Korea, HLCA, good signal with music, talk by man and woman in Korean at 1424. 981 unID, weak in strong 980 splatter, but definite Chinese talk by a man at 1431. 5+1 pips at 1500. Might have been CNR1 //945, but the two would never come in at the same time.
1206 China, traces of audio from the off-freq Chinese at 1407
1566 Korea, HLAZ, poor at 1436.

During the early peak I also noticed a fairly substantial off-freq carrier on 702.06 which I haven't noticed before. Regrettably it faded away like everything else.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta
Perseus SDR, Wellbrook Phased Array