From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Russ Edmunds
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 2:14 PM
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: IRCA
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] OT: suggestions on recording devices

Why would you want to do anything other than use software for recording ?
Until my 2 boatanchors stopped working properly due to capacitor aging
issues I was recording directly from them using software.

You simply need to add an impedance transformer ( not unlike what used to
mount on the built-in speakers of tube type table radios ) and put the low
side toward the radio and the high side to the PC sound card.

The best software I've used it Total Recorder which is very reasonably
available at www.highcriteria.com.

If you want something really simply to test the concept with, email me
offlist and I'll send you a simply piece of recording software.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>