Re: [IRCA] mystery True Oldies on 850 khz

Re: [IRCA] mystery True Oldies on 850 khz

Hello To All,

Thanks to all for the suggestions on what the mystery station playing what seemed like true oldies on 850 khz

RE: Allen,

Was it definately the True Oldies Channel that you heard? Someone else said
they don't play any 50s songs and The Rays songs, Silhouttes is a 50s song.

it may not have been WAXB.. but it certainly wasn't WGVU/WGVS. I checked
their playlist.

Paul

Paul,

I checked the webfeed at the time and it definitely wasn't WGVU/WGVS like you mentioned.

I heard the station at 1:37 UTC or 10:07 PM newfoundland time / 8:37 PM Eastern . It also  featured amongst the songs a short feature on the old 50's group , The Marcels . Being the 50's as mentioned it may not have been WAXB heard either. There was no ID of course and True Oldies wasn't mentioned , just my thought that it sounded like the songs were older from the 50's Doo-Wop era.

73

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland