 From: Phil Bytheway <phil_tekno@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "phil_tekno@xxxxxxxxx" <phil_tekno@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 5:23:06 PM
Subject: [IRCA] Status

My surgery went very well, only 3 hrs (vs predicted 4-8
hrs). Total success at replacing the aortic ‘pipe’ put in when I was 11 with a
larger one. Blood pressure is down, medication has been reduced!!!

However, I had 2 small strokes. Left hand motor control impaired
(and I’m left handed). Also right peripheral vision is reduced. Started
physical therapy for both and already showing improvement (I can type now,
albeit very slowly).

In addition, one vocal cord not working (nerve was stressed,
but not injured). This was “corrected” by putting some “goo” to move the chords
together. Voice sounds fine, now but I have a “tickle”… which should go away
with time. Expect voice to return to normal with time.

Other physical therapy ongoing to get my strength back (and
learn to catch again, hi).

Recent issue with gum pain (sensitivity to cold) and right
leg ache (keeps me awake)… allegedly temporary, hope they are right!

Just home from hospital today 12/28.

Expect short replies to emails, at least for a month, hi. Please reply "off-list".

Phil Bytheway – Seattle WA

Phil Bytheway
IRCA Goodie Factory
Seattle WA