Re: [IRCA] TP's & DU's for Thursday, November 15, 2012; Victoria version

Re: [IRCA] TP's & DU's for Thursday, November 15, 2012; Victoria version

> I'm glad it wasn't that great a morning there Dennis, as it wasn't in
> Victoria either.  It was one of those, "is my antenna broken"
> mornings here.  In fact, the termination was broken, as it turns out,
> but I didn't find that out until it got closer to sunrise so I could
> see properly.   However, I did check with other antennas previous to
> that, and the excitement was at a very low level.

Had my radio on as well -- at sunrise.
Same thing.
No deer at the level I am working from... maybe squirrels.

For me, this is the least exciting DX season in some time.
I have the cable coming on Saturday afternoon to look at
their massive leakage problem.
For those of you just joining us, my Medium wave DX set up
has been wasted by a loud broadband noise of about 30db over
S9 across the entire medium wave band - emanating from my
cable drops - something ungrounded or a neighbor with an
unapproved device.

My mom lives in a neighborhood near Beacon Hill Park in
Victoria and there is a bizarre noise problem in her
'hood - a loud "digital" sounding signal that extends from
long wave to around 10 Mhz - that can actually be hear underneath
the 50KW local! Is audible in the vicinity of several 14kv spans -
Our local power utility have been scratching their heads on it for
around 3 years now. Industry Canada (our FCC) are pretty limited
in terms of what they can do - and thankfully this racket has only been
noted in a few neighborhoods.