[IRCA] TP Oct 12, 2012 / Victoria version

[IRCA] TP Oct 12, 2012 / Victoria version

The last couple of mornings were early to work, so didn't have much time to listen, so not much to report. It's funny how we had a little blip of Asiatics on the 10th, then back to DU on the 11th and 12th without any particular new geomagnetic activity. I didn't report on the 10th, figuring it was the "old regulars" that I would have described, and they would have been eclipsed the following morning as we recovered from the geomagnetic upset, but 'twas not to be.

I did report a pretty strong tentative of Southern Star on 909 yesterday the 11th, but it never appeared here, so here it is again....laid back androgynous vocal music quite weak at 1401 11 October, seemed very similar to what was on the webstream, but because of the vagueness of the mx and poor strength, it was hard to say for sure. Then a woman talking, and I thought that would peg it, but it took 40 seconds before talk showed up on the webstream, so I'm still not 100% sure.

Now, to today, definitely DU again, with a more Australian flavor I think, with R. National noted on several channels. And, my local nasty noise kicked in 1418UT putting a stop to the festivities, lasting until 1444UT.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

none

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

612 4QR mention of US presidential debates at 1410UT by DU man, and into Fleetwood Mac song
738 Tahiti 1405UT, woman in FF talk

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

576 2RN man talking, then bits of mx //846 which was delayed by about 1/2 second
774 3LO wx forecast, and mention of "ABC news" 1406UT
846 2RN see 576 above, though 576 was more consistent

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

585 man and woma talking 1400, heard no pips or any hint to an ID; I mined the recording and pretty sure that it is parallel with 576, which would make it 7RN, all the more surprising in that 4RN wasn't heard. 621 3RN man talking and light mx 1353UT; at 1357 it seemed // 576 though slightly delayed.
891 man talking then woman at 1401UT, not //612
909 light mx 1356UT, Southern Star?
1287 man talking 1410UT, too laid back for Japan, but couldn't tell the language.

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

567 747 828 936

best wishes,

Nick