Re: [IRCA] ALASKA TRIP

     Pete, from memory, in Masset I don't hear anything unusual on
750.  During the nights, it'll be either Anchorage or Portland
depending on propagation.  Surprisingly, Anchorage is not all that
strong at times.  In the summer days, it's a dead channel, as are most
frequencies up there.  Winter time, though, I'll continue to hear AM
stations weakly during the day with the sun at a very low angle.
     I can understand your DX reluctance.  I was down in Victoria
harbour on Friday where we had 3 huge cruise ships in.  Chatted with a
couple just down from AK and they confirmed that it was cold and wet
(as we had wonderful 20 deg C evening weather).  They complained about
all the jewelry that was being sold, especially Ketchikan, and not of
the local variety.  By coincidence, they were on the NCL Norwegian
Jewel!
     Anyway, my suspicion is that it was something generated on-board
the ship, and less likely the radio.  Your comments about listening on
the ship contrasted with my Sydney to LA grand voyage 3 years ago when
it was darn nice sitting on the stern listening to the south Pacific
most evenings!   73,.....Walt