[IRCA] TP Sept 14, 2012 / Victoria version

[IRCA] TP Sept 14, 2012 / Victoria version

Ah, that was better. Mind you, I am also trying out a Wellbrook FLG100 to amplify some of those pesky weak signals from over the ocean, and it too is helping, but general conditions cheered up somewhat also, especially after 1300UT. Conditions were still "bitty", nothing stayed at strength for too long, but at least there was some strength. First N. Korean this season heard on 819 (I can detect Gary DeB's excitement from here, hi)

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

594 JOAK man in JJ at 1329UT
774 JOUB man w/wx in JJ 1316UT, mixing with unID which turned out to be DU EE when JOUB faded, so likely 3LO there also. Then again at 1330UT, EE lessons.

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

828 JOBB wx in JJ 1314UT.  Call letter ID heard at 1320UT
1566 HLAZ man in JJ at 1311UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

189 R. Rossii RR talk by man, then pop mx //153.  This was best RR LWBC today
576 slow instrumental mx at 1340UT; 2NR?  no parallels available
747 JOIB man talking //774 1338UT
891 JOHK JJ talk by woman //594 1346UT, someone else there also
972 likely HLCA w/woman talking 1346UT, KK sound to it
1053 KK jammer peaking at 1318UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

153 R. Rossii talk by man 1303UT; later was //189
558 weak vocal mx at 1339, no idea
603 mx 1316, woman talking 1319UT; could be HLSA, first appearance this season
612 DU EE inflected man talking, likely 4QR. According to my propagation monitor, this peaked at 1411UT, but I'd stopping listening or recording by then
639 woman talking 1311UT, really must get my CNR1 parallel list back in action
819 N. Korea first time this season, instrumental mx //2850 at 1337UT
855 mumbly male talk 1325UT; N. Korea on 819 heard 10 minutes later, and one of the strongest carriers on this channel was 855.046kHz, where N. Korea resides

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

585 864(maybe talk at 1342), 936, 945, 963, 1098, 1323

best wishes,

Nick