Re: [IRCA] Cape Perpetua, Oregon Cliffside DXing - Sept. 9th

Re: [IRCA] Cape Perpetua, Oregon Cliffside DXing - Sept. 9th

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I definitely plan to make one or more Perseus
WAVs available, as well as some regular audio clips too. I'll post the URLs
when the file(s) are available.

The Perseus WAVs will most likely go in my Mediafire.com archive of WAVs,
where the recordings from my former Perseus blog are still available for
download:
http://www.mediafire.com/#1shbad73mby1c   Anyone is welcome to access and
download the Perseus WAVs; they are organized by geographic regions (i.e.,
the location of the Perseus owner making the recordings).

I like what you said about "efficiency and comfort" while DXing. When you
and I were younger we thought nothing of crashing through the undergrowth &
brush if necessary while stringing DXpedition Beverage antennas, or other
efforts of inconvenience for the hobby. I'm not as willing to go through
such gyrations for DXing anymore!

That's a big reason I'm excited about the "rooftop FSL". It also creates
DXpedition possibilities for other limited spaces, especially cliff QTHs at
coastal locations closer to home. One possibility for me is Bruceport
County Park, south of Raymond, WA. It has camp sites next to a cliff
overlooking Wilapa Bay; the elevation is reportedly 40-45m above sea level,
according to information on the Internet I've read.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
DXing at Cape Perpetua, Oregon