Re: [IRCA] India heard on 1071 this evening

Re: [IRCA] India heard on 1071 this evening

Sylvain -

I suspect you will hear the brand new 1 Megawatt transmitter on 1071. It does not surprise me that 1566 is so difficult as their signal strength has declined for many years. Last fall, on the average they were not better than the UK locals which are at sometimes at fair levels in Newfoundland. Many years ago, they could be dominant and powerful and fun to listen to.

This is just like what happened with 1071 up until 2005 - an aging transmitter that had nowhere near the signal of its youth.

Chuck