[IRCA] Michigan reception of 738 Tahiti Thu. 9/6/2012

[IRCA] Michigan reception of 738 Tahiti Thu. 9/6/2012

As reported earlier, 738 produced a big signal here in Michigan this
morning right around my local sunrise (1115 UTC).  Audio seemed to peak
for me at about 1118 UTC and produced the clearest audio I've heard yet
from my home QTH.  I've made a 5 minute Youtube clip of the Perseus
capture showing the signal, and of course the French audio, along with
the time of reception:

http://youtu.be/Frc_Qfhlq8c

702 had faint traces of audio during this time, but not enough to
overcome slop from WLW (which was stronger than usual).

Weak carriers were noted on most of the split channels below 900 KHz (I
didn't record/check above 900).  Kaz had a big carrier on 684, not so
here.

That strong 657 carrier was back too, but again no audio that I could
pick out.  Perhaps some more careful listening will produce a whisper of
audio, it certainly "looks" strong enough on the waterfall.

73,
Tim Tromp
Muskegon, MI.
Perseus SDR + phased BOGs

PS: Thanks for the kind words Gary, I'm having a blast at this!

On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 12:22 -0400, d1028gary wrote:
Hi Tim,

> Wow, great job in receiving audio from 738-Tahiti this morning!
>
> For you to receive any DU audio at all in West Michigan is about 100
times more impressive than me receiving it here in Puyallup, and Ill
look forward to your recording tonight. Yes, the French audio from
Tahiti was remarkably strong this morning, and I hope that Kaz and the
other Midwest DXers also had a shot at it.