[IRCA] KCEG 780, KJME 890, XESDD 1030 into IL tonight (times CDT)

[IRCA] KCEG 780, KJME 890, XESDD 1030 into IL tonight (times CDT)

With good cx to CO tonight as KOA is blasting in and KKZN is hurting WJR and Crusin' Oldies often dominant on 950 I was noting some old C&W way u/WBBM and this time I was ready and quickly put the Quantum Phaser inline with the west Double KAZ and layed down a 30 ft mini-BOG to connect to the other input. This was much more of a phase antenna than needed since I needed lots of attenuation of the mini-BOG to equalize amplitudes. With careful adjustment some decent and old/exotic C&W and something that sounded like Blue Grass was heard and then at 2258:30 an ID "KCEG Fountain, Colorado" taped and clearly best in USB with Colorado really clear. Note that I live less than 14 miles from WBBM!!

I logged KJME 890 a few weeks ago, but wanted a clear tape so I then phased WLS (lots weaker at 45 miles) and sometimes KJME was equal+ to phased WLS, and fortunately not KVOZ not much of an issue. A big band song ends at 2309 and then..the ancr says something and then "KJME 890".

Most DXers in IL aren't going to get either CO stn without good quiet outside antennas and phasing unless they are N/S of Chicago and have a very good nulling loop.

Of course on 1030 where my Double KAZ null clobbers WBZ and as usual my new west coast pest XESDD is in, tonight with SS rlg // http://www.latremenda1030am.com/

Their owner is a famous cheater and I find it hard to believe that they only are using 5 kW.

Others in the midwest can catch XESDD, perhaps by waiting for sunrise to take out WBZ and aiming their loops west to null XEQR/XELJ etc and before area stns on 1030 come on day power...ie a good time is early Sept.

73 KAZ Barrington IL