[IRCA] Alberta DUs for 20 Aug 2012

This was likely the most interesting DU morning this summer. None of the audio was anything like strong, but there was a fair bit of it:

1269 - unID, Don't recall ever hearing a DU on this freq, but had "barely there" audio for about 10 minutes from 1152. Definitely English, but couldn't determine more than that. 1314 - Mostly at a mumbly level, but popped up for a few seconds with what sounded like racing commentary, so 2KY likely. 1539 - About 10 minutes of audio. Not English, but IBOC QRM hampered language recognition. Single long tone at the hour. I'm guessing it was Rete Italia. 1611 - unID, music at 1159, then talk by a woman. Too weak to ID with certainty, though I thought I heard a possible ID as Vision Radio. 1629 - unID, just getting into audio at 1154, with very brief snippets for the next several minutes. 1638 - Barely detectable audio with man speaking at 1159, but the 5 pips at 1200 came through very clearly. 1701 - What sounded like Radio Brisvaani with woman giving phone numbers at 1201, and in audio for about 15 minutes, even with QRM from another on 1701 at times. Both stations were actually on the high side of 1701.

Also logged a new TIS for me on 1610, the WSDOT station WPUL478 in Leavenworth, so all in all a good morning.

73,

NIgel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta
1269