Re: [IRCA] KSWB's signal strength

The locals here do not have the big bucks. They keep them running, but
not a lot on maintainence. Small market radio has always been that way,
however with the downturn in the economy it is worse today. At least
here, I doubt the stations are running less power on purpose. The land
is open and there are no new buildings around them. Clatsop County has
36,000 people and the Astoria stations have their towers right on
Young's Bay out on docks. Seaside's KSWB is out in a cow field in the
country. Nothing has changed there. But years of salt air eats anything
up on the coast. I doubt very much any of the stations in Clatsop County
are going to replace there ground systems anytime soon. I am not even
sure if KSWB has a regular CE these days. But none have tons of money.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager