Re: [IRCA] Additional Aurora Anomalies

On Tuesday 13 March 2012 09:17:44 Jim Renfrew wrote:
> When skywave is blocked, your little household devices can cause a lot of
> this.

Tell me about it.  Five years ago, an auroral event like this one was a happy
hunting ground for new catches.  This time around, all I had was noise while
others scooped up the good stuff.  My noise floor has risen that much in the
last few years, and, for the most part, it's probably not due to my own
household devices.  I have no less than six houses within 50 feet or so of my
antennas, so there is no hope of finding all the offending devices and
silencing them.  So long, weak signal AM DXing, it was fun while it lasted...
:-(

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON