[IRCA] Brazil reflection

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

Thanks for the nice credit many are giving for the Globo 1220 tip. Jeff Rostron heard the first hint of Brazil about two minutes before on 1000 kHz. But I did stumble across Globo 1220 while not looking for it! Sadly 1000 kHz and 980 (which Roy Barstow reported later) are badly IBOCed by my local on 990. Anyhow, I am very glad to receive Brazil #2.

As for Brazil #1, I first heard Globo Sao Paulo 1100 during an unnannounced WTAM silent period, January 9, 2003. It was the last thing I would have expected. Sadly, 1100 is well-known (or was) for non-verifying. I hope that I can find an address that works for Globo 1220 in Rio.

The ones that got away were a tentative 870 Argentina (before WHCU Ithaca went full-time), and I think a tentative in the X-band also from there.