Re: [IRCA] Fun Night for sure!

Sorry, this was meant to go to Todd only......don k

Donald K. Kaskey wrote:
Hi Todd,

Good to hear from you, been reading your entries on the IRCA net and enjoying them. My dx memory is leaking a bit, when I checked my old logs I found I had heard 7 from Hawaii while living in Galva.....550-KMVI, 590-KGMB, 630-KPOA, 690-KULA,760-KGU, 850-KILA & yes, 1380-KHON.......I added quite a few from California in the 50s, 60s & 70s but not much since. I am currently not dxing as we are in the process of changing the locale for my radio & antennae (very slowly) to a better spot, hopefully away from some of my horrendous QRM. Also, I'm recovering from another knee replacement..7 weeks along the way so the worst (of the rehab) is out of the way. Thank goodness, I only have 2 knees

LOL.....Keep up the fine dxing.

73

Don

Todd wrote:
Don,
>From our pen-pal correspondence I remember one of those Hawaiians to be from 1380!

Todd Skaine Woodbury, MN
2010, PL 310 or Toyota radio

"Donald K. Kaskey" <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Russ, I never heard Alaska when I was listening from Iowa 50-53 but did get 6 Hawaiians and 1 (4YA) from New Zealand. Frequency checks & equipment tests by new stations made dxing totally addictive.

Don Kaskey
S.F. CA

Russ Edmunds wrote:
I believe that's correct. I also logged KFQD from Syracuse back when they were on 730 before moving to 750. Back then one could actually expect to hear MT and ND from the EC as well. I remember the KYMN-1520-OR DX test which I also heard in Syracuse. And KFBK made it a few times.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia  Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>
FM: Yamaha T-80 & Onkyo T-450RDS w/ APS9B @15'; Grundig G8