[IRCA] KOTZ-720 Kotzebue Local Time is ....

From: Chernos Saul <sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>, <amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] DX TEST - KOTZ 720 Alaska

Idaho not good enuf for ya easterners? Paul Walker reports on the following DX Test, and it's probably closer to >Russia than Sarah Palin's back doorstep. I think even western DXers will find this one a challenge. Given that the >Chigago Three were on all night last night, here's hoping the Chicago transmitter work proceeds as planned the >morning of Saturday March 10. There's just two matters to resolve - defining the time zone where the station is >located, and figuring out how that translates into UTC, CST, EST, PST etc And determining if e-mail QSL requests (leading to eQSLs of course) are acceptable. Paul and I came up with conflicting times and I'm not convinced either of >is right. So from Paul (with thanks): Saturday March 10th 12am to 1230am local time

According to greenwichmeantime.com , Kotzebue is GMT-9 until March 11th, when it's local time will be GMT-8. This means it will still be GMT-9 there on the date of the test.

73,

J.D. Stephens
Hampton Cove, AL
dx-tips@xxxxxxx