Re: [IRCA] PL-360?

Thanks to Richard and Stephen for the comments.

The PL-606 is probably what I'll go with since the 360 is too small to beat around in my briefcase. My 2 month old cell already looks like it spent 2 tours in Afghanistan :/

On the other end of the scale, I picked up a DX-302 cheap. I've wanted one since the first time I saw one on display at Radio Shack. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but using the same antenna it smokes my (mostly unmodified) DX-440 up to about 5 MHz for sensitivity and adjacent chan rejection.

A peek inside tells me someone replaced the front end FET with an ECG222 and there might be a different wide filter in it. The sound on wide on local MW stations is way beyond the 440. An alignment is all it seems to need to be a good MWDX unit.

I like the features of modern receivers but I still have a fondness for the early solid state and later tube units.

Tim Hills
Sioux Falls, SD