[IRCA] From KHMO 1070's Chief Engineer

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Gary Glaenzer <glaenzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Paul called me last evening to alert me that KHMO was still apparently on
day power-pattern.

This happens occasionally when the power-change computer at the site gets a
bug up its hard drive and freezes up (actually, whenever Ralls County REA
puts a glitch on the incoming AC and the back-up supply doesn't see it and
switch immediately)

I called the r/c and immediately went to 1000 W / nights

To do otherwise, once I had been alerted of the malfunction, would be to
have 'willfully' violated terms of the license

I quote:

*In the event that an AM broadcast station is operating with a mode of
operation not specified by the station license, then the station operation
must be terminated within 3 minutes or the station output power must be
reduced sufficiently to eliminate any excess radiation. This includes AM
Directional stations with parameters or monitoring points out of tolerance
with the station authorization. [See 73.1350(d)] *

Right now, I'm waiting for 1745 CST to roll around, so I can do it again
this evening.

I would be more than willing to do a full-power (5000 watts) (Gates
'FIVE') , day pattern 'test' some night after 0000 local time, followed by
days @ 1000, nights @ 1000 and nights at 500 on the auxiliary
(MW-1).......management agreeing, of course.

Paul has offered to make me an audio file to run so your group could better
ID the station.

Thank you.

Gary L. Glaenzer
325 East Douglas Avenue
Jacksonville IL 62650

First Phone P1-18-27485 issued May 1970 and proud of it !